Website usage Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
General Terms and Conditions
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- Chases to walls will have capping or conduit placed to protect cables. Chases will be plastered, however, final decoration is excluded.
- All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dust sheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary.
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Re-decoration after plastering and making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
Extra work and Variations
- All extra work and variations must be agreed prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:00 hrs – 16:30 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge.
- All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate or quotation.
Deviations from Building Regulations and BS7671
- All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
Risk and Title of Goods
- The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain property of JMC Electrical Services until all sums due have been paid in full.
- JMC Electrical Services warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by us, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all problems or concerns relating to an installation, repair, maintenance or test are reported to us in writing within 14 days of completion.
- Unless agreed in writing payment in full will be due on completion of the specified works.